A proud day!


July 4th was extra special this year for many reasons - but mostly because a public art project that I've been working on for over a year finally was unveiled for the City of Concord - a larger-than-life bronze statue of the city's founder, Don Salvio Pacheco. He stands proudly at the entrance to Todos Santos Plaza to welcome residents and visitors to our fabulous downtown area.


As part of the Sesquicentennial Committee, I managed the Call for Artists to find and hire our fabulous sculptor, Paula Slater.  I helped the committee with publicity and fundraising, too.  It was really wonderful to work alongside so many wonderful business and civic leaders in town.


After marching in the local July 4th parade, we held an unveiling ceremony for the statue and I showed my brother where my name is engraved on a plaque at the base of the statue. Every time I drive through downtown, I get to see people enjoying the statue and its surrounding patio - being part of such a historic public art project has been such an incredible experience and I am so grateful!

Sesquicentennial Committee - from left: Leslye Asera, Florence Weiss, me, Marilyn Fowler, Nellie Meyer, Brandy Leidgen, Ron Leone, Suzie Swift, Carol Longshore, Ray Barbour, Joann Fryer, Carlyn Obringer, Julie Marquardt, Justin Ezell