Experimenting with Marabu Art Crayons

lisa fulmer marabu art crayons painting

I am currently working with Marabu Creative and I am so very happy to start experimenting with their fabulous Art Crayons

I'm totally in love with this medium for about a million different reasons...deep pigments, wax-based and water-soluble, buttery soft and smooth, plus the retractable barrel and cap makes it easy to hold, apply and store. 

marabu art crayons

Art Crayons are wonderful to work with in layers because they activate with water for reducing and blending colors, but they won't RE-activate after they're dry.

Here are a couple shots of my work in progress while everything was still wet - this piece is 9"x12" on a treated canvas sheet.

doodling with marabu art crayons


lisa fulmer marabu art crayons

After my work was dry, I used the crayon without water to intensify the color in some places. I also used Marabu Art Spray with a stencil at the bottom. I mounted the canvas sheet to black fabric wrapped around felt and cardboard.

Such a fun experiment - can't wait to paint some more with Art Crayons!

lisa fulmer happy thoughts painting
Happy Thoughts - 9x12 (watercolor crayon)