Stencils - the positive and the negative


I used the same sunshine plastic stencil for the background on each of these greeting cards - the "hello" card is misted with both yellow and orange ink sprays through the stencil (aka mask). I inked the white "negative" space in the center of the sun with bright pink, which peeks through the little blossom punch-outs in the banner.


Then instead of immediately wiping away the ink from the top of the mask after misting and removing the cardstock, I turned the inky wet mask over and pressed it on to another sheet of cardstock like a stamp. This gave me a "positive" image of the sun with a random watercolor effect.


I added washi tapes and baker's twine at the bottom of the card, and dabbed a little interference turquoise sheer paint over the sun for a bit of shimmer. Pretty!