Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Cardmaking and collage with Rinea Foil


I'm happy to be playing along with the Designer Crafts Connection this month - our sponsor is Rinea Foils. We received lovely sampler packs of this double-sided paper foil to create our projects. I lightly embossed a sheet of gold foil for this simple greeting card design by just rubbing it inside an embossing folder with a wood brayer. It was easy to punch out the circle from the foil, too.

 

Sadly this sheet of beautiful purple foil cracked a bit inside the same folder when I ran it through my embossing machine, the pressure of the plates was a bit too strong. But I actually really like the cracks for this piece. I wrapped and glued the embossed foil around a 6" square piece of thick illustration board, then added my collage elements. After sanding the surface to get rid of the purple on the raised lines, I brushed a coat of sheer iridescent silver paint over the top, then I roughed up the cherry blossom rub-on with a white pencil.

Click here to visit the other designers' blogs!


13 comments:

  1. Love the way your collage turned out! Beautiful card, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for participating. I think both pieces turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty, love how you used the Rinea foiled paper!
    Nadine - My Scrap n' Stuff

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards, the embossing looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great illustration of the different embossing methods. Love them both.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog - I look forward to visiting yours, too!