Thursday, July 21, 2016

3-tier tray for keeping craft supplies close at hand

deflecto 3 tier tray lisa fulmer

Time for another blog hop with the Designer Craft Connection - this one is sponsored by Deflecto, maker of acrylic organizing and display products. We were challenged to get creative with their 3-tier tray, which I thought would be a very useful and decorative way to keep the craft supplies you use the most close at hand. You can enter to win one of these trays for yourself - details at the bottom of this post!

line 3 tier tray with paper lisa fulmer

After assembling the tray, I measured and cut rings from coordinating sheets of scrapbook paper and adhered them to each tier with a few large glue dots.

ribbon edge 3 tier tray lisa fulmer

I thought the bottom tier would be perfect for holding and sifting through small loose flowers that I use in cardmaking, but it needed a taller lip around the edge. I wrapped strips of thick acetate sheets around the bottom, securing with foam adhesive squares every two inches. With paper-lined tape, I adhered narrow ribbon around the acetate.

ribbon trim lisa fulmer

I added some cute trim to finish it off. Deflecto also makes these handy clips for adding a little sign, card or photo to any kind of display fixture. 

deflecto 3 tier tray lisa fulmer

Enter to win a 3-tier tray on the Designers Craft Connection blog (via Rafflecopter) and be sure to have a look at all the other great ideas from my fellow designers while you're there!

15 comments:

  1. Love your twist on using the stand this way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea to cut the circles out of the middle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool! I totally want one of these 3-tier dessert trays. It's so versatile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun idea, great
    how you made the
    higher edges on
    the bottom.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome idea with creating the lip on the bottom tier!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so clever, and I love this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea for craft supplies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pretty and fabulous idea Lisa! Love how you added wide ribbon and trim to the edges to give it a more vintage feel :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is a great idea, this idea might come in very handy in my craft room. thank you

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like how you added the ribbon to ale the lip.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty way to store craft supplies.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog - I look forward to visiting yours, too!