Distressed and lovely Valentine's Day card

mixed media valentine lisa fulmer

It's the first Monday and the beginning of a new year of monthly blog hops for the Designer Crafts Connection. This month's theme is Valentine's Day, of course!

I just took a super fun class from my friend Daniela - we made several really cute mixed media Valentine's Day cards with decoupage, paints and distress inks.




mixed media valentine detail lisa fulmer

I just love the layering with collaged bits of torn dictionary pages, torn corrugated cardboard, hemp twine and vintage images. I tweaked Daniela's design only a teensy bit - she really knows how to make a greeting card sing!

I will post the other Valentine's Day cards that I made on the Bella Crafts blog on February 8th. Be sure to visit the DCC blog to see everyone else's Valentine's Day projects today!