Stamped fabric and burlap accent pillow

stamp fabric and burlap pillow lisa fulmer

Today the Designer Crafts Connection is playing with a fun line of stamps and ink, designed by my friend Ann Butler for Clearsnap. I used two of her 4-1/4" square Background Basics stamps, along with three colors from her Crafter's palette of pigment inks, to make a nice, neutral fabric panel for a small 15" accent pillow.




stamping fabric lisa fulmer

After stamping a grid with the Checks pattern in Desert Sand on cream cotton fabric, I over-stamped the center block with the Picnic pattern in Lilac, and two of the corner blocks in Blueberry.

fusible tape on fabric edges

I trimmed the fabric and folded the edges back, then secured them with fusible interfacing tape. I used a double-sided fabric tape to adhere the stamped fabric panel on to gray burlap. Then I pinned that piece right-side-in against a second square of burlap and sewed 3-1/2 sides with a tight zig-zag stitch. After flipping the pillow cover right-side-out, I stuffed it with polyester filling and stitched the pillow closed.

double-sided fabric tape for ribbon trim on pillow

I had this pretty hand-dyed silk ribbon in my stash, which I adhered to the borders of the fabric panel with double-sided fabric tape. Minimal sewing, maximal cute!

Look for the DCC logo in each designer's sidebar to hop through their blogs to see what they made with Ann's stamps and inks. Click here to visit Ann's blog, too!

stamped pillow hand-dyed ribbon trim