Masculine scrapbook layout

masculine scrapbook layout lisa fulmer

I got a call the other day from a very nice woman who commissioned me to make a special gift for her boyfriend's birthday - a framed scrapbook layout featuring their photo and the lyrics to their favorite song.



As he is an older man, the design needed to be masculine and bold, which was a fun challenge for me. I kept it simple, but a little rough around the edges. She told me he likes to go to the redwoods, so I used that color as an accent. I also happen to have some redwood bark in my yard, which added some nice texture under the sentiment.

The layers of torn corrugated remind me of a wood fireplace mantel in a rustic cabin, where their photo might be sitting while they listen to their song. I printed the lyrics on Craft Attitude film, then mounted them on a thin sheet of cork. The frame is a 1" deep shadow box, so I had room for lots of dimension on the page. Sure hope he liked it!