Thursday, February 05, 2015

Creating a little sunshine with Offray Ribbon

offray ribbon sunshine art panel


This month, the Designer Crafts Connection is having fun with ribbon in a craft challenge sponsored by Offray Ribbon. We were each sent a selection of colors and styles - I received satins and sheers in lemon yellow, white and lime green.

I pinned strips of ribbons vertically across a 12" Smoothfoam Scrapbook Mount sheet, then wove more ribbons in horizontally, all wrapped around to the back and secured with straight pins. The mandala is fabric that I sun-printed with a blended acrylic ink wash, using a zinnia-inspired stencil.

The sun's shadow is a piece of sheer non-woven polyester, tinted with yellow acrylic ink and outlined with a marker. I printed the quote on to inkjet fabric and frayed the edges a bit. Everything on top is pinned into the Smoothfoam with short appliqué pins.

Have a sunshine day!


14 comments:

  1. I love the combination. Makes me wish Spring was just a touch sooner. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun idea Lisa! I would call it painting with ribbons. The woven ribbons make a wonderful background!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks - I like the combo of satin and sheer!

      Delete
  3. I love the cheerful colors. I think you were the perfect person to get sunshine and put it out there for the rest of us! (When I see these colors, I want to lick them. Lol.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol - they do indeed look sherbety!

      Delete
  4. Lovely combination of techniques and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the dyed elements, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. acrylic inks are just so yummy!

      Delete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog - I look forward to visiting yours, too!