Monday, October 06, 2014

Halloween blog hop with the Designer Crafts Connection

day of the dead ATCs Lisa Fulmer

It's the first Monday of the month - time for a new blog hop with the Designer Crafts Connection!


This month our theme is Halloween - which was also the theme for my monthly artist trading card swap yesterday. As usual, I seem to be in "theme adjacent" land, so instead of Halloween, I opted to have some fun with Dia de los Muertos.

My friend Kathy (aka The Crafty Chica) was kind enough to send me a fabulous selection of goodies from her new Day of the Dead product line with I Love to Create - there are super fun collage papers, iron-ons, stickers, temporary tattoos and more that feature Kathy's artwork and some of her hubby Patrick's artwork, too.

This pretty lady that I used on my ATCs is one of Patrick's drawings - with her faithful cat and flowered hat, she reminds me of a wise old aunt that always dressed up to go anywhere. Another one of the papers in the line mimics collaged bits of book paper - all in spanish - which I used for the background. I found some stickers in the same book font with little pearls of wisdom that one's dead aunt might have imparted to us.

Here are the wonderful ATCs I got from the rest of my group - so fun!

halloween artist trading cards

Look for the DCC logo here in my sidebar (and on all the designers' sidebars) to hop to the next blog for more Halloween inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog - I look forward to visiting yours, too!