Click here to watch the full 30-minute show or watch the highlights below.
Click here to download the project tutorial as a PDF.
1. Adhere the tissue to the watercolor paper by brushing Mod Podge (thin first with a little water), above and beneath the tissue, brushing creases and wrinkles into it as you go. Let dry.
2. Paint a pale background on top with watercolors - I used blues and purples. Use less water for richer colors. Let dry.
3. Use a pastel pencil to trace a seahorse from a royalty-free image printed from your computer on to parchment paper, then flip it over and transfer the seahorse to the watercolor paper by rubbing the tracing with a craft stick.
4. Stamp a random pattern around the seahorse – I stamped little circles to look like bubbles.
5. Color in the seahorse with pastel pencils. I used my finger to blend blue, green, purple and yellow together.
6. Rub some PanPastel color over the surface to accentuate the wrinkles. Spritz lightly with a pastel fixative. Let dry.
7. Highlight all or part of the seahorse with Dimensional Magic. I left random open streaks on his belly. Sprinkle clear glitter on top and let dry, then brush off any excess glitter.