Saturday, March 30, 2013

Altered clipboard


I'm slowly but surely working through  the fun cast-offs I got at a salvage store, like this legal-size clipboard.

First I colored the metal clip with black alcohol ink, then I sponge-painted the board (front and back) with a few shades of blue and green craft paints.

I adhered a sheet of art paper to the front with Mod Podge, added a coat to seal it on top, glued ribbon and buttons around the edges.

Now it's a much prettier spot to clip bills that need to be paid or paper for a shopping list or a to-do list...or it would also make a super cute clip frame for photos or drawings to hang on the wall or door.

4 comments:

  1. Love it. Great idea to cover the writing part with pretty paper

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - it makes a really cute picture "clip" frame to hang on a door too.

      Delete
  2. Awesome find!! Just wanted to remind you that the Lupus crop is just over a month away - can't wait to see what you create for the auction.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog - I look forward to visiting yours, too!

related posts

Related Posts Plug-in