Monday, February 04, 2013
Hearts & button butterflies wallhanging
I made this romantic little glittery three-heart wallhanging in one of my favorite color combos, purple and olive green. Here are my project instructions, it went together very quickly!
1. Sand three thin wood heart shapes until smooth and drill two holes at the top and one hole at the bottom of each.
2. Paint both sides and the edges with one coat of Hydrangea Purple Martha Stewart craft paint, let dry.
3. Paint the tops with one coat of Sugar Plum Glitter Martha Stewart craft paint, let dry.
4. Rub a purple StazOn ink pad lightly around the top edge of each heart, let dry.
5. Arrange a selection of buttons (mine are from Buttons Galore & More) into a butterfly shape on each heart, and glue down with Aleene's Clear Gel Tacky Glue.
6. Add a self-adhesive teardrop rhinestone for each butterfly's head, and self-adhesive pearls for antennae.
7. Place a large pearl brad in the bottom hole of each heart.
8. Thread a length of sheer ribbon through the top holes of each heart, knot in the back.
9. Slide the ribbon from one heart over and behind the brad of the next heart (for the bottom two) so all three hang together.