Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Quick & easy living tabletop tree for the holidays

Here's a super easy way to add a little something extra to a table during the holidays. I bought this rosemary plant at my local grocery store - it not only smells divine, it's a living herb that I can plant outside later and have delicious fresh rosemary to season my cooking. 

To decorate it, I just tied some jingle bells to a few stems with red embroidery floss. Then I punched some flowers from red paper and added a little red glitter with glue to the tips of each petal. I snipped a little slice between two of the petals toward the center of each flower to "wrap" them around the stems.

Lastly, I cut some long narrow petals (like poinsettias) from the red paper, creased them down the center and just poked them into the plant in various spots...done! And so cute!


  1. lovely. rosemary grows like a weed, you might want to keep it in a container.

  2. Oh how fun!! I love Fresh Rosemary - I will be on the lookout at our stores.

    1. This plant came from Fresh & Easy market - love that place!


Thanks so much for visiting my blog - I look forward to visiting yours, too!