Monday, December 31, 2012

Add texture & dimension to a gift box with paints & mediums

For this week's episode of Cool2Craft, I decorated a paper maché gift box using a variety of mixed media techniques.

I just love shades of gold, copper and bronze together. Plus it's so fun to blend and layer rough and smooth textures - paper, sand, metal, acrylic, and glass.

Click here for my project instructions and video tutorial...have fun!

Here's a shopping list to get you started:

Texture medium
Metallic inks
Paper maché box
Podgeables crown
Striping brush
Metallic tape
Alcohol inks
Tacky glue
Rusty tin stars


  1. It is beautiful enough to be the gift!

    1. Thanks - I think it's the kind of gift box you just put a few cookies in for that same reason. :-)


Thanks so much for visiting my blog - I look forward to visiting yours, too!