Sunday, November 04, 2012

pears and polka dots

i'm having fun today with clear microbeads, gold mica flakes, a multicolor ink pad, a dauber, clear gel glue and dimensional gloss medium!

i found a new weekly craft challenge blog that i like called the play date cafe. this week's color palette to work with is cinnamon, squash, vanilla and sage.

this 3.5" x 5.5" card was an experiment in surface design using the circular shape of a small fingertip dauber sponge and pigment inks. press hard for darker color, press lightly for a hint of color.

i've also been obsessed with pears these days...eating them, drinking the juice, as well as stamping and embellishing them in my work.

i just love the pear shape, don't you? click here to see my video tutorial to learn how to make the pear embellishment.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. thanks Donna - fun colors in this "Tuscany" stamp pad

      Delete
  2. oh my.....this is gorgeous....love what you've done with the pear! Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Amy - glad I found the PDC!

      Delete
  3. Oh Lisa I love, Love the texture how spectacular sweetie.
    So happy to have you as a new follower had to return the favor

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog - I look forward to visiting yours, too!