Friday, July 27, 2012

just breathe - paper collage


in chinese culture, bamboo symbolizes integrity and an open heart, two characteristics I value deeply in myself and in others.

for this 11"x15" collage, i layered handmade art papers on top of heat-distressed lutradur. i cut the leaves from patterned batik paper and accented their white outlines with mod podge dimensional magic. i love how the glossy edges contrast with all the rougher textures. the background stencil is one of my faves from the crafter's workshop.



4 comments:

  1. I agree -- it is beautiful! You are so talented and creative. Thank you for sharing it. It's inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw you're sweet, thanks and see you soon for ATC night

      Delete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog - I look forward to visiting yours, too!