Wednesday, April 20, 2011

i'm in an atc frame of mind

i'm so happy i finally got a lovely assortment of some of the artist trading cards i've collected over the years up on the wall in my studio. these white wood atc trays from 7 gypsies have been increasingly hard to find, but i was able to buy a few here locally and a few more online.

these cards represent the work of so many talented people all around the world - with so many different artistic styles and mediums - it inspires me to no end. i have another couple batches of cards beyond these, some are sitting in an album and some hang on the wall behind my desk at work.

all these cards also remind me that i have made as many as i have collected (atcs are always swapped) - phew!

7 comments:

  1. That looks fantastic! I like the way the framing unifies all the different styles of the ATCs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so wonderful, what a lovely memory of all your friends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those frames are wonderful. I love the idea of having little bits of others work surrounding you and inspiring your own creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are stunning! it really unifies the disparate cards into a whole that is fascinating! Each time you look, there's something new to see! Brilliant! And inspiring--I'm wondering what other interesting ways there are to display ATCs...

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic way to display your ATC's. They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantastic way to frame all these great tiny works of art! I think I may steal your idea ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the display and your ATC's.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog - I look forward to visiting yours, too!

related posts

Related Posts Plug-in