Saturday, June 12, 2010

happy little tapper am i

i'm making 4"x6" fabric postcards and greeting cards for use as sales models at work...with tap® transfer artist paper and lutradur. i posted free project instructions in my newsletter (issue 14) for other designs too, if you want to check it out.

i started with a webbed background pattern that i printed on to tap with my inkjet printer. i transferred the image to a piece of fabric, then fused the fabric to a piece of fast2fuse. i also fused a piece of white cardstock to the back - fast2fuse has fusible on both sides.

then i dabbed some bronze paint with my fingertip around the edges. while that was drying, i spritzed some ultra-light lutradur with a pale tan paint, and trimmed it just a bit smaller than the postcard. i used fabri-tac to adhere the lutradur on top. i added a chippy embelly and done!

13 comments:

  1. This is so cool.... and yes, I did miss you!!
    Can't wait to get my TAP, I have used mine all up. And have never tried the lutradur lite.. must do that.
    great to see your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is going to be the greatest thing since slice bread. Can't believe the vesatility of this product.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Lisa, I did miss hearing from you; I too think the Tap is cool; never have used it, but there is al-ways room to explore into new things.Thanks for the newsletter. Glad that your back with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. TAP sounds interesting and I would love to give it a try. I have never heard of it before but love the look of the outcome. Also, your directions make it conceivable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is awesome! I have to get me some TAP and try it! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great product and really versatile :o) I have made a set of bookmarks using it and it's a good idea to use the lite Lutradur too - great postcard :o) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous effects Lisa... I loved your examples in the newsletter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seems lika an awesome product, never tried it. Would love to give it a try, though :) Love your samples!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have not heard of Tap. It looks cool... always looking for new, original, fun, ideas and tools. Glad to see you return!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't heard of TAP either, but I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. definitely missed ya - plz enter me in on winning the TAP - looks interesting!!
    take care

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tap is going to be soooo cool! I've got a couple ideas in the back of my mind!

    ReplyDelete

related posts

Related Posts Plug-in