here is the birthday card, a quick and easy layout. i just love using fine art postcards as focus paper, this is from a postcard book i bought at the museum when they had the monet in normandy exhibit, called waterlilies and japanese bridge.
- trim white cardstock to 7"x10" and score in the center to fold to 5"x7"
- distress the edges with a stamp pad - i chose purple
- choose a patterned or image-rich focus paper - such as a cropped art postcard - cut it to 3"x4" then choose two contrasting background papers to frame it
- trim the background papers, one larger 4.5"x6.5" and the other smaller 4"x6"; use a pinking blade if desired
- adhere the focus paper off-center to the smaller frame with a tape runner, then adhere the smaller frame to the larger frame (centered)
- choose one wide ribbon and two narrow ribbons in sheer coordinating colors; layer and wrap around the paper stack as shown above; secure ribbons on the back of the larger frame with tape
- center and adhere the paper stack to the front of the white cardstock with dimensional glue dots
- embellish with self-adhesive crystals