Thursday, February 25, 2010

art journaling

lots of art journaling flying around these days. everywhere i look there is a new retreat, a new online group, a new artist sharing creative prompts. i enjoy it and i take it all in...and i wrote a little poem about what my creativity means to me.

this surface is a 12x12 page from a blank board book. i manipulated and enlarged this photo i took of myself, and transferred it with tap paper to my page.

my art gives me identity
and purpose
and a blissful lack
of focus.
i only recently realized
that i need it
like i need air & water
i force myself to create something
every day...anything...
even when i'm feeling uninspired,
even when i don't have time.
my art is just the way
my thoughts & visions
bleed from my hands.
it feels natural.
it feels good.
art is me...
only better.

4 comments:

  1. I do so understand your need for art.

    I just started An Artistic Mother's Group where we will be going through 12 projects together from Shona Cole's new book The Artistic Mother. Her desire is to help mothers find a to fit art into their every day, even if it's just a little something. I would so love for you to join us. You can read more about it on my blog; and if you're interested in participating, just leave me a comment, and I'll add you to the list.

    Trudy

    http://artisticcreationswithtrudy.blogspot.com/2010/02/new-artistic-mother-group-forming-i.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found where I'm to be i love handmaking postcards and trying to get that going I realize that the postcard mail art is not for everyone it's where i am now. Lisa I follow your blog everyday and yes i do create something each day. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like your journalling..hands bleeding though..hmmm just wear gloves.lol!! since I started my sketchbook in jan I can just put a little sketch in there or something if I havent got time to do a big project..its good to try and create everyday even if its just for our sanity!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Art lives around me
    I see it
    I recognize it in the shapes
    I recognize it in the light
    Nature creates it for my pleasure
    It is my canvas

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog - I look forward to visiting yours, too!