Sunday, December 06, 2009


i just finished these covers for a set of painted 6" square blank board books to give to C&T sales reps to show art supply stores. i mixed acrylic paint with glazing medium for a glossy textured base coat, then layered on more paint, metallic spray ink and texture mediums.

it was a great testament to the stability of the board book surface, and it was really fun to experiment with varying levels of opacity versus transparency, shine versus texture. i also loved the effects i got by applying paint with my fingers, and by thinning the paint with water to create drips.

1 comment:

  1. lovely your needlefelted flower journal too


Thanks so much for visiting my blog - I look forward to visiting yours, too!