Wednesday, October 28, 2009

exquisite corpse

wow, this was such a cool project!

my favorite paint manufacturer, liquitex, posted a challenge on their facebook page. they wanted 6 artists to create an exquisite corpse. we were each assigned a body part to create in whatever style and medium we want. we email a pic of our piece to liquitex and then they will assemble our work into one collaborative "corpse" to share with all their fans.

i was told to make a left arm and hand. i decided to make it creepy looking for halloween, since i have not yet developed the skills to make a realistic looking appendage!

i sketched an outline of my own left arm and hand resting on the table in front of me. then i painted it with iridescent gold, silver, and copper acrylic paints, accented with a pearlescent violet. it really shimmers in the light!


i tiled it on two separate sheets because i want to incorporate it into a mixed media piece later.

i can't wait to see what the other 5 artists come up with!

7 comments:

  1. wish I'd had this for my daughter's haunted house party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl you are good! I can't believe you went all out for the challenge. When I saw the draft, I thought we were to do something simple and quick, sort of sketch like. I love that you created such a masterpiece. You are one talented lady.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is horrible and very realistic..good drawing Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. this should be awesome to see.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa, tracing or not, you just have shown that you too ar an artist. The gift of color in the appropriate places is what makes for a good artist imo. Well done!!!
    Deb♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog - I look forward to visiting yours, too!

related posts

Related Posts Plug-in