Wednesday, August 19, 2009

sailor's valentine

i submitted this mixed media piece to cloth, paper, scissors magazine for their sailors' valentine challenge. it's supposed to be a round or octagonal format, incorporating shells and a sentiment.

i sliced a page out of a
circle blank board book to use as a canvas, it has such a great smooth surface. i painted the scene with color wash, distress inks, and acrylic paints. the clouds and sand are accented with embossing powder and i embellished the pier with flower soft petals. i added a cluster of sea glass and agate beside the pier.

i won't know until mid-september if my piece will be considered for publication in the january issue....exciting though!

7 comments:

  1. this is lovely that sky is fantastic and great perspective..good luck with CPS my fav magazine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pretty, Lisa, if that isn't accepted I don't know what else will be.. a painting by Monet?

    It is about Flippin' time you posted to your blog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.papermoonies.blogspot.com8/24/2009 11:28 PM

    Hello Hello lovely to find you here!
    I gave you a follow
    Brittany
    http://www.papermoonies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a beautiful piece. I thought you weren't supposed to show off the work because they like unpublished pieces though?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, oh my!! This is beautiful... I am so pulling for you to get it into the magazine. I see some 'things' on the piece I have been hoarding.. time to use them I can ee!!
    Best on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your take on the challenge. I'm still working on my entry, right down to the wire, LOL. Good luck to you, you deserve to win, very nice project.

    ReplyDelete
  7. nancie irwin9/03/2009 11:15 AM

    if they don't pick this to put in their magazine, it will be because they want to use it on the cover instead!!! it is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog - I look forward to visiting yours, too!

related posts

Related Posts Plug-in