Friday, March 20, 2009

fine art atc challenge


i recently joined an atc group on flickr that does weekly challenges. each week, the host provides a work of art and each of us has to interpret the work on an atc. this week, the chosen painting was called "the nest" by james c. christensen.

i opted to go abstract with my interpretation. i had this great decorative paper that depicts native american rock art in bright greens and yellows. i collaged it with lutradur that i had painted with acrylic inks, and then i stitched it all down.

this card is available for trade!

2 comments:

  1. I've never heard of lutradur before. I love the texture and how the paint looks on it. Really neat. I want to go find some and try it myself for some scrapbooking pages. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa your ATC is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog - I look forward to visiting yours, too!

related posts

Related Posts Plug-in