a crafty pal of mine, kiera, was experimenting with those paper ornaments you make with circles, only her first try came out triangular instead of like a sphere. i couldn't bear to toss it, so i pinched the centers together with embroidery floss and embellished it with lots of pink flowers and glitter fairy accents. i added some beads to hang it and it will be a perfect treat for some little pink-loving girl.
so i received lots of submissions for this issue - thanks to everyone who contributed. let's start this blog hop with some family fun projects, shall we?
• rose at fine craft guild shares an age-old tutorial for making tissue-paper flowers. these days with so many gorgeous handmade tissue papers, these don't have to be your kindergardener's bouquets anymore. it was so funny, i had been talking about this very thing to a co-worker, and the next day rose sent me an email with this link! the universe at work, my friends...
• if you've always wanted to start a scrapbook, but didn't know where to begin, check out vanessa's basics for beginners post on her blog.
• i have to give a shout out to the ever-popular crafty chica...she altered a wood lantern with scrapbook paper.
• i love paper beads! cheryl posted a few pics that show how easy and fun it is. i also recommend a book called creative beads from paper and fabric....which is on sale for only $2.99!!
• i found this site with the most adorable paper birds - so simple to make too!
that's a wrap - thanks for hoppin' along with me, hope you found some inspiration along the way!