Saturday, February 07, 2009

carnival issue 7 ••••• panorama

just for ducks, i thought i'd open with a panoramic shot of downtown san francisco that i took from the car as we were driving through. i used to live in the city, i miss it sometimes.

so here we go with another batch of links featuring some fab papercrafts!

i love patty's site - lisa's altered art - with so many delightful vintage images....and her daughter shares my name!

look at these adorable matchbooks with little tags inside from eleanor at the crafty blog.

I just love the idea of creating paper pennants - see what clairabelle made - and her matchbox bottlecap doll is great too.

jackie at crafting a green world shows us a cute design for a scrappy family tree.

sue made a lovely card using a faux batik technique - can't wait to try it myself!

see what caroline at glitter tart designs made for national foof day...

jane shares a tutorial on using embossing paste to make a textured image with stencils.

sue at jabberwocky made a gorgeous card featuring the art and style of gustav klimt.

kathy did such a great job of blending many different patterned papers to make a really beautiful card - she says it's not her best work, but I sure like it!

well, i could go on and on all night...this issue was a really fun romp for me! i hope you are as inspired as i am by all this wonderful talent.

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link Lisa.

    It's nice to know you thought my card was good enough to deserve one.
    It was my first attempt and it didn't turn out quite as it should, but still..... if it inspires someone to give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for featuring my matchbooks Lisa, a lovely surprise. I shall make sure I return to see what goodies you are finding.
    E
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH Wow...thank you so much for featuring my national Foof Day swap piece...it really means a lot to me...I worked a long time on her and was worried she may be a bit over the top for some people :)

    I too use to live in San Fran...we are hading back in a few months and I can't wait to get back to the land of Fruits and Nuts :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for posting my tutorial as one of your links!

    I'm off to go look at the rest of your blog.

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa,

    Thanks for sharing this great blogs with us!! It took me some time to visit them... all so unique!!

    Greetings,

    Saskia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog - I look forward to visiting yours, too!