Thursday, January 01, 2009

my first stamp set





one powerful hour has challenged us to create a piece using one of our first crafting items we ever got. my mother gave me her vintage stamp set many years ago, she had received it as a gift when she was little. a few pieces are missing, but i love this font! i stamped "love" on little tags in gold ink, i wanted it to be really subtle. i also used one of the first techniques i learned - inking the edges of paper with either a paint marker or stamp pad. i really like these dusty colors together, and of course everything is better with a dragonfly. i outlined the dragonfly and letters with a glitter pen.

5 comments:

  1. This is really pretty, I love the dragonfly and the colors behind it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay you know that card rocks but the stamp set from your mother that is just so priceless. . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. now I know where you get your talent from what a wonderful vintage set that you will treasure. My mum had a talent for sewing so I have used her skills to make a fabric journal today!! Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card.... love the colours and the stamp.... your stamp set is wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous set of vintage stamps! A true treasure and you used them so wonderfully on your card. I really like the glittery touches on your dragonfly also.

    Thanks for taking the challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog - I look forward to visiting yours, too!