Sunday, January 18, 2009

card swap

i have joined several groups on facebook for cardmakers, stampers, papercrafters. one in particular is having a card swap with a "love" theme. my swap partner is kelly in the u.k. so she and i are making a card for each other and sending it off this week. i tried something different - i diecut a frame with my cricut, then adhered a piece of transparency to make a window. behind the window i placed a squiggle of multi-colored feathery yarn. on top of the window is a "with loving greetings" vintage fan rub-on from dover, as well as some crystals, wire and pearls. i used my glitter pen to go around the edges of the frame, and added some glittery accent to the fan also.

3 comments:

  1. I love it. I am not a traditional red and pink and hearts kind of Valentines girl so I love how your card expresses love without relying on those cliches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow it's so interesting! You're so crafty that's awesome!!

    Thank you so much for supporting my big day past Wednesday - well, I should apologize first for taking so long to say hello...

    I hope you're having a wonderful week and stay in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Very elegant (: A card swap sounds really fun! Where did you come across it on facebook?
    Hope you are having a great day! I hope to make it into my craft room for some play time (:

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog - I look forward to visiting yours, too!

related posts

Related Posts Plug-in