Tuesday, December 09, 2008

sleepytime


the challenge at mixed media monday was to make a paper doll. of course i had to use fantastiques, the best paper dolls in the world! i covered the back of a wooden doorhanger with black frost fabric paper and painted the edges black. then i used my new favorite thing, an acrylic paint dabber in gold, to dab a distressed textured surface on the front. for the angel's torso, i used a little purse diecut that was the perfect shape for a gown and halo. the head and arms move on brads, and i embellished her gown with a glitter pen and rhinestones. i used a gold leafing pen on the halo and the border of the quote. this was so much fun to make!

9 comments:

  1. Lisa, love your doll. Thanks for the encouragement and kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for nice comment on my blog, your paper doll is fantastic great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cool! I love the aged metallic look to it - this will look fantastic hanging up somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great doll, love the matallic look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO beautiful and imaginative! The sentence at the bottom makes me smile = Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it !!
    I love paperdolls to ;o)
    Rini - the Netherlands

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is absolutely breath taking. Glad to see you joined Fiskateers. It's always good to find new talented friends.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog - I look forward to visiting yours, too!