Tuesday, December 16, 2008

quick and beautiful


at daring cardmakers, the dare is to make super quick cards that don't look like they took only a short time to make.

i made these two asian-inspired cards pretty darn quickly last night at a craft jam with some new friends. i intentionally packed light in terms of papers and embellishments because it was raining and i wasn't sure what the parking sitch would be...i think i work well under the conditions of limited supplies and good company!

i recently bought some of these gorgeous designer papers at a great discount from a local scrapbooking store that is sadly going out of business.

the geisha and the cherry blossom branch are rub-ons from dover publications - they have a wonderful selection. i used my trusty gold acrylic paint dabber with clear stamps to accent.

i think these cards will make a lovely xmas gift!

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards, luv the cherry tree. sue.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really beautiful and to work with limited supplies is even better. I am not a good traveling crafter. I try to pack the whole room.

    JennD from Crafty Nation

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Christmas greeting arrived just a couple of days ago. Another work of art!!!! The children all got excited about it, which was novel since teens don't generally get too excited about cards- haha. Thanks so much for the work that went into it. I went to get a hair trim today and came out with the shortest cut I've ever had in my life! Shock. I'll have to put a pic on my blog one of these days and you can tell me what you think. I'm repeating the mantra - hair grows.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Mary would have recognized your photo on Facebook...I took it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the 2nd card thank you for sharing and also enjoyed going through some of the links below.

    thank you for following the Papergirls blog.

    May your stuffing be tasty
    May your turkey be plump,

    May your potatoes and gravy
    Have never a lump.

    May your puddings be delicious
    And your pies take the prize,

    And may your Christmas dinner
    Stay off your thighs!

    Happy Christmas
    chriss x

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are amazing Lisa, your work is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog - I look forward to visiting yours, too!