Thursday, November 27, 2008

inchies



this week's challenge at one powerful hour was to use inchies in a larger piece of work. i know inchies are a big deal right now, but i never thought i'd have the patience to do collage work on such a small scale - i'm not into moo cards either for the same reason. but then it hit me (rather like a 2x4)....oooohhh, just make a larger collage and then cut it up into one inch squares, d'oh! you still have to work with small pieces, but i can deal much easier with the concept now that i stepped outside the inchie box.

so i had this scrappy little needlefelted piece that i was doodling with while working a trade show a while back, where i was demonstrating just how easy needlefelting is. I cut two inchies from it and used them in this postcard, which will be my little reminder as i continue to try new things outside my comfort zone!

7 comments:

  1. Such a simple concept and I never thought of it either. I shy away from the tiny art when I can, myself. Your inchies from the larger needle-felted piece worked out super. This is so beautiful.

    Thanks for visiting my blog and for leaving such a nice comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving back. Choosing to find beauty and joy while dodging family diysfunction landmines is one of today's goals. I do have much to be thankful for. Great creations, you artista! I especially love the Orozco looking art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea, I will have to give it a try! Your postcard is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the inchies dea and love what you did with these
    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...talk about "thinking outside the box!" :) I never would have thought of cuttting up a larger piece of work...

    I love the inchies and they really make your card look fantastic!

    Thanks for taking the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great. Love working in felt, such a versatile medium.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun ... love the great texture of the felt.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog - I look forward to visiting yours, too!

related posts

Related Posts Plug-in