Thursday, November 13, 2008

and now for something completely different


over at mixed media monday, they posted a challenge to make a mixed media piece with a "body parts" theme. I decided to go with a torso, nude of course. i needlefelted two colors of wool roving on to a piece of 8" square wool felt, and tapped in some metallic fibers at the end for a little sparkle. then i used a bronze metallic dimensional paint to draw the triangle designs all around her...for my first attempt at needlefelting a nude, i rather like it! the sparkle and the shape of the triangles make me think of an empowered female.

6 comments:

  1. I continue to be impressed by your imagination. Using different textures to accent a basic design works well because you have a great artistic 'eye'. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is a wonderful piece. I haven't tried felting yet, but your composition definitely shows me why it's a worthy art form to perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really like this. I've always wanted to try roving and felting. Your piece is very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful - it's funny that I did needle felting for this challenge too! Thanks for participating on Mixed Media Monday - I hope you come to play again soon! Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks so much everyone!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog - I look forward to visiting yours, too!

related posts

Related Posts Plug-in