Love cards with safety pins

love cards safety pin lisa fulmer

You're probably seeing lots of safety pins since the election - people wearing them, social media profile pictures and the hashtag #safetypin.

After the election, people decided to do what the UK did after Brexit and use a safety pin as a symbol of safety for their fellow neighbors, especially those people in our society's marginalized groups who might feel scared or unsafe with our country's recent surge in overt racism, xenophobia, homophobia and misogyny. When you see the pins, you know these people eschew hate and are safe to talk to, sit next to or walk beside.

I will be selling my handmade cards at a small craft fair tomorrow at the Wild Hair Salon (10am-4pm) in Concord. I wanted to do something meaningful for a local organization that helps people, so I made a special batch of cards with a safety pin embellishment. I plan to donate 100% of the proceeds from these cards to the Rainbow Community Center here in my town.